Recipe for Reading
- Reading Intervention
- Tiers 2 & 3
- Print Format
Intervention Strategies for Striving Readers
This comprehensive, multisensory, phonics-based reading program presents a skill sequence and lesson structure designed for beginning, at-risk, or striving readers. Recipe for Reading can be a successful intervention for students in Tiers 2 and 3 who have not been successful with other reading interventions. The Recipe for Reading® curriculum is ideal for differentiated instruction in a variety of settings— inclusion, one-on-one, or whole class. It can be used as a core phonics program or as focused, supplemental phonics instruction for striving readers. The carefully structured scope and sequence allows you to differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all students.
Teacher’s Manual Provides Teachers with a Wealth of Resources
- Contains a series of structured lessons beginning with initial consonants and progressing on to consonant and vowel digraphs, diphthongs, spelling generalizations, and syllable patterns.
- The material is presented in a flexible format, allowing you to differentiate instruction.
- Kinesthetic instructions are provided for handwriting instruction.
- Mnemonic sentences are also included for phonological awareness as well as words, phrases, and sentences for reading and dictation.
- Offered in a teacher-friendly format.
Workbooks Present Extended Practice for Handwriting and Phonics Skills
- Students are provided multiple practice opportunities for each Recipe for Reading lesson.
- Includes an array of reinforcement opportunities for each new skill.
- Offered in a student-friendly format.
The Alphabet Series Helps Beginning and Striving Readers Build Fluency
- The Alphabet Series of illustrated decodable readers allows students to apply phonics skills to text and develop fluency and comprehension.
- Stories for Step 7 are cited at point-of-use and provide students with controlled text to strengthen new reading skills.
- Two-sided cards present letter(s) and their key words.
Affix and Root Cards
- Reinforce Student Decoding and Vocabulary Knowledge.
- Present a prefix, root, or suffix on one side and definition on the other.
- Use color to indicate origin (green: Anglo-Saxon, orange: Latin, blue: Greek).
- Students work at their own level of fine-motor development with specially designed paper that comes in four sizes and has red and blue guidelines.
- Designed to track and report individual students’ progress as they move through the Recipe for Reading curriculum.
Recipe for Reading Highlights
- Strategies for teaching every skill
- Detailed procedures and explanations for every lesson step
- Review tests that determine advancement to next skill
- Phonetic games and review activities
- Detailed lessons for syllables, spelling, and affixes
- The at-a-glance format of each lesson is perfect for today’s busy classroom